The plastics manufacturing industry is complex and growing. The wide variety and size of clients, distributors, brokers and vendors, razor thin margins, and a highly fragmented market have resulted in many acquisitions to achieve economies of scale.
With each acquisition comes a different ERP for Plastics Manufacturing and multiple customer masters, vendor masters, item masters, and schedules across and within plants. Whether the process involves extrusion, injection molding, thermoforming or some other plastic manufacturing technique there are unique requirements from order to cash.
With Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations ERP for Plastics Manufacturing, one fully integrated system provides plastics manufacturers with a flexible and configurable solution that streamlines operations, improves production, reduces needless expenses and enables granular visibility into costs, processes, information and metrics necessary to continuously improve your business. This includes sorting and filtering production orders to help balance Promise Dates with production efficiency or providing additional capacity (available, reserved, remaining, overbooked) visibility to improve scheduling. And, it accurately handles your complex buying network with intricate discounts, rebates and commissions to properly motivate and influence these buying groups.
Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations are built on the Azure platform, which brings mobile capabilities and makes the software available anytime, on any device, and delivers the Internet of Things (IoT) experience to the Plastics Manufacturing world. Shop Floor personnel can manage blenders and monitor other operational activities from their mobile devices. And, as a Microsoft IoT Red Carpet Partner with Machine Execution System (MES/OEE) and Machine To Machine (M2M) integration project experience, Ellipse Solution has the expertise to tackle these projects that normally reduce operating costs and improve quality and production efficiency.
ERP for Plastics Manufacturing Application Profile:
Ellipse Solutions specializes in Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations ERP services for Plastic industries including:
- Blow Molding
- Film & Sheet
- Injection Molding
Key ERP for Plastics Manufacturing Features:
- Better visibility and accurate cost information to enable better, profitable quoting given your price sensitive marketplace
- Flexible price, rebate and commission structures to accurately compensate and motivate by tiers, products, and volume or transaction
- Unit of Measure flexibility to handle and convert specific sales, procurement, production and inventory management requirements
- Ability to restrict visibility into pricing and costs at product level to ensure access only to those absolutely requiring
- Flexible scheduling to balance “promise dates” with line changeover inefficiencies sometimes caused by sudden changes
- Multiple level BOM support to effectively and accurately detail semi-finished goods costing and tracking
- Scrap Management to properly handle and measure scrap and reuse/regrind materials
- Formula Management handles complex formulas for a series of mixing operationsand versions can be attached to the formula item.
- Co-products and by-products are handled allowing for flexible pricing calculations
- Lot Traceability and controls to support complete history and audit
- Constraint based configurator to allow the creation and reuse of components, assemblies, product models and attributes to accurately produce BOMs, Routes, Promise Date, and Cost/Price of some make-to-order and engineer-to-order manufacturers
- Mobile App to enable formula management and production visibility from any device
Key ERP for Plastics Manufacturing Benefits
- Granular costing visibility allows detailed product, customer, and line profitability analysis
- Role-based and record level security to limit access to sensitive and valuable corporate data
- Production scheduling agility and management to easily make changes to meet customer Service Levels while maintaining operational efficiency
- Discrete, Process, Lean and Project Manufacturing capable to effectively handle mixed mode business models in the same system equally well
- Seamless Microsoft Office integration with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong IoT infrastructure with Mobile App and Azure Platform and Infrastructure as a Service offerings (e.g., Machine Learning, Power BI, Stream Analytics, HDInsight, etc.)
Other Microsoft Dynamics AX Functionality:
Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations are full featured ERP systems with functionality in:
- Financial Management
- Human Capital Management
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Supply Chain Management
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Project Management & Accounting
- Sales & Marketing
- Service Management
As Plastic Manufacturers evaluate opportunities and threats, it’s easier to look inwards to investigate ways to optimize processes. Removing non value-added processes is one possible step. Evaluating cost across lines, customer, product, projects, groups, regions or cost centers is important to confirming profitability or possible cost leaks. Whether you’re an extruder, molder, or thermoformer, capturing…Read More
Returns are a fact of life in Plastics Manufacturing. Without an ERP in place returns are generally manually managed taking into consideration both the financial business rules and receiving process. Whether you manufacture sheets and films or molded plastic parts, Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 for Operations provides this by: Easily creating a Return Order Linking this…Read More