Paper manufacturers across the country face significant challenges from foreign imports, fluctuating pulp prices, plant capacity management and continued decentralization of the industry.
Whether you’re making commodity or specialty paper products, providing visibility for buying/storing/selling and converting rolls to tons or MSI/MSF, there are unique requirements as to how your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system should improve these paper manufacturing processes. The marketing and selling of your paper products also demands rebate, commission and discount flexibility to accurately reward and motivate the needs of large customers and buying groups with complex discounts, tiers, time periods and inclusions/exclusions. With Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations ERP for Paper, all areas are smoothly integrated into one solution.
From sales to production and inventory control to invoicing and accounts payable – a comprehensive and streamlined view of the entire organization drives process improvement and paper manufacturing excellence.
The Ellipse Solutions Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations ERP for Paper solution provides the functionality and visibility paper companies need to assess capacity options, create and manage optimized production plans, boost supply chain efficiencies, improve customer service and motivate sales channels with unique incentives.
Microsoft Dynamics is built on Azure which brings anytime/anywhere, and device agnostic solutions on an Internet of Things (IoT) platform to the Paper Manufacturing world. And, as a Microsoft IoT Red Carpet Partner with Machine Execution System (MES/OEE) and Machine To Machine (M2M) integration projects, Ellipse Solution has the requisite experience to tackle these projects that normally reduce costs related to machine downtime, maintenance and operations.
ERP for Paper Manufacturing Application Profile:
Ellipse Solutions specializes in Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations ERP services for paper manufacturing industries including:
- Envelopes and other paper office supplies
- Food service paper products
- Other converted paper and paperboard products
- Paperboard containers and boxes
- Corrugated boxes
- Sanitary items
Key ERP for Paper Manufacturing Features:
- Unit of Measure flexibility to handle and convert specific procurement, production and inventory management requirements for rolls, tons, paper area measurement or some other conversion.
- Better visibility and accurate cost information to enable better, profitable quoting given your price sensitive marketplace
- Flexible price, rebate and commission structures to accurately compensate and motivate by tier, product, volume or transaction
- Unit of Measure flexibility to handle and convert specific procurement, production and inventory management requirements
- Ability at product level to ensure access only to those absolutely requiring
- Flexible scheduling to balance “promise dates” with line change inefficiencies sometimes caused by sudden changes
- Multiple level BOM support to effectively and accurately detail semi-finished goods costing and tracking
- Scrap Management to properly handle, measure and cost scrap and materials
- Lot Traceability and control to support complete history and audit
- Constraint based configurator allows the creation and reuse of components, assemblies, product models and attributes to accurately produce BOMs, Routes, Promise Date, and Cost/Price of some make-to-order and engineer-to-order manufacturers
Key ERP for Paper Manufacturing Benefits
- Granular costing visibility enables detailed product, customer, and line profitability analysis to optimize quote and orders efficiency
- Pricing security to limit access to corporate sensitive data
- Production scheduling agility and management to easily make changes to meet customer Service Levels while balancing operational efficiency
- Discrete & Process Manufacturing to effectively handle mixed mode business models equally well
- Seamless Microsoft Office integration to Excel, Word, Outlook and CRM
- Strong IoT infrastructure with Azure Platform and Infrastructure as a Service offerings (e.g., Machine Learning, Power BI, Stream Analytics, HDInsight, etc.)
Other Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Functionality
Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations are full featured ERP systems with functionality in:
- Financial Management
- Human Capital Management
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Supply Chain Management
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Project Management & Accounting
- Sales & Marketing
- Service Management