Last November, AX2012 users were happy to receive cumulative update 12 (CU12) from Microsoft. It included a long list of updates for additional functionality and bug fixes (or as we tend to call them “opportunities”). In this blog we are going to dig into one of the financial updates that were released; the ability to perform depreciation runs across legal entities. Folks with numerous legal entities are really going to appreciate this time saving functionality!
Fixed Asset Proposals
To get started, navigate to Fixed Assets > Periodic > Create Depreciation Book Proposals
- This is a new periodic process that was added.
- Note: you can get the new functionality under the Create Fixed Asset Proposals periodic link
- On the proposal form, there is now a new drop down where you can select one or more legal entities to run the proposal for.
- To have your legal entity appear in this list, set up the same journal name in each of the entities. You’ll find this setup in Fixed Assets > Setup > Fixed Asset Parameters > Fixed Asset Proposals
- Another feature that was added to the Proposal Form is a check box that, when selected, will post the depreciation journals (across all selected entities).