By all accounts, Microsoft has dedicated the most time in the latter releases and updates to improve Human Resources functionality (among a few other modules). Microsoft is working very hard to ease the user experience. One way to do that is to make data tasks simpler and attainable with less clicks! Another method is to give the users multiple paths to achieve results. However there is a third technique Microsoft has found to make the users life better. A variety of “workspaces” introduced in Dynamics 365 for Operations deliver related or common functionality in a dashboard-like format, putting the right tasks and options together and very easy to locate.
One example of a “Workspace” is the Workforce Management Workspace. Other Workspaces are available for Budget Planning, Data Management, Master Planning, and many other areas. The workspaces visible to each user will depend on user security.
There are multiple paths to locate the Workspaces:
- Area Pages for each module
- Workspaces in the Navigation Pane
- Navigate to Human Resources
- Click the Workforce Management Workspace
- Click the Employee Quick Link to get a list of Employees
- Filter to find the employee required
- Highlight the proper employee line, and click Verify Employment under the “Employment Details” tab
For more information please contact Ellipse Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our corporate office at (937) 312-1547.