The continued push for better business intelligence and analytical tools certainly has Microsoft’s attention. Earlier this year, Gartner’s Business Intelligence and Analytics Magic Quadrant named Microsoft a “Leader” in this field (for the 10th consecutive year, I might add). But, perhaps more importantly, the Magic Quadrant also reflected a gigantic leap ahead of the competition in terms of Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
And, as Microsoft continues to invest in the development of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools, they will also be searching for new ways to leverage them…
Introducing: Analytical Workspaces & Reports in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
As of the Spring 2017 release of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Analytical Workspaces and Business Intelligence Reports (via Power BI) are now directly embedded into the ERP. By building in these tools, users are able to access powerful, data driven reports without having to leave the Dynamics 365 interface delivering a seamless experience.
Some of the benefits of embedded Analytical Workspaces include:
- Power BI readily available without navigating away from Dynamics 365
- Service Licenses already included in the purchase price for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Ability to drill-down past visuals for more in depth data analysis
- Role and task based security for all reports
- Ability to personalize workspaces with a variety of Power BI tiles